Start a new topic

Ogg conversion very bad quality

Is there any way to adjust the settings of ogg theora? It's coming out looking like 8-bit and super lo res.

9 people have this problem

Grr...This is like the only software that I can find that will actually convert video to .ogv but the "quality" is just terrible.

Hi - I have filed a ticket in bugzilla for this.  With the latest version we switched to using the ffmpeg conversion as opposed to using ffmpegtotheora.

Can anyone suggest a better conversion command so that we can get this fixed?

Here is the current command that we are using: ffmpeg -i {input} -f ogg -vn -acodec libvorbis -aq 60

I've the same problem. Trying to convert a .mov (1.22 GB, 1440x1080, 2.25 min vid) to oog theora.

With the same results described above. Screen shots from source video and oog result are attached.

test_oog.jpg
(153 KB)
test_mov.jpg
(181 KB)

This problem did not occur in V 2.6, so I reverted to using that.

Seems like a bug.

Mac Pro, OSX V 10.7.5, 2x2.66Ghz Dual-Core Intel Xeon, 8 GB 667 MHz DDR2 FB-DIMM, SSD hard drive.

Perhaps we could actually get a response from Miro Support crew in here?!?!

Could you guys fix this? In your previous version of Miro, it worked fine. Now it's broken. Since Firefox needs OGG Theora video, this is a very important function. I'd be happy to make a donation if you can fix this. Thanks.

I've got the same problem, OGG quality is really bad. Please can someone take a look at this issue?

I've contacted them about this and never got a resolution.

So ... they're definitely aware of the issue.

Hi there,
i am having the same Problem. I converted from one big video to different formats (mp4, ogv and webm) for a website. The bitrate of ogv is very bad what leads to a bad video quality. Is there a way to configure Miro? Maybe a way with console?

Edit: I handed in a ticket, no reply yet.

Login or Signup to post a comment