Start a new topic

Trouble Downloading

Hello, my name is Virginia, and I've used Miro before, and just today it isn't allowing me to download any videos- no matter the source. I press file, then download from URL, and then paste the URL, and it says it doesn't recognize that it is a video. It won't let me download from Youtube. It was only a couple of days ago that Miro worked fine, but now it isn't. Here's a screenshot:

2 people have this problem

Can you please tell me what version of Miro you are using?  You should be on the latest version, Miro 5.0.1 from http://getmiro.com.
Uninstall and use a older version like 5.0.2

Anyone who's following this topic.
I've discovered an add-on in Firefox that will solve our problems with not being able to download from YouTube (I don't know about any of the other repositories, as I was specifically looking for a way around the YouTube issue).
Here is the details of the add-on. I've tested it out, and it works fine. When you're prompted to specify if you want to save, or open the file with an app (on a pc that is), just choose Miro.

Download YouTube Videos as MP4 1.7.31 No Restart by ialc

An extension that adds direct links to download YouTube videos as MP4 and FLV. It has a simple interface and it downloads videos directly from YouTube. The extension integrates with YouTube's interface and adds a download button below the player.

Hope this helps everyone out. PCF have not replied to my ticket since I opened it almost 3 months ago.

Login or Signup to post a comment