Miro Community is built with Django templates. With a Max account level, you can upload your own custom template. In this section, we give some resources for editing your theme and steps for making changes.
Editing a Theme
- Visit yoursite.mirocommunity.org/admin/themes/
- Download the theme you want to change.
- Unzip the theme.
- The theme has a few areas that are of interest
- CSS/Styling: /static/css/
- Images: /static/images/
- Html/Templates: /templates/
- Make changes to the relevant files and save. Useful places in the template include
- Header, Navigation, Footer: /templates/localtv/base.html
- Content on Index: /templates/localtv/index.html
- View Video pages: /templates/localtv/view_video.html
- To change the name/thumbnail of the theme, edit the meta.ini file, which contains the information about the theme.
- Re-zip your theme file and then re-upload it using the "add theme" button.
Staying Up to Date
If you upload a custom theme you will not automatically receive front-end changes and bug fixes.
To stay up to date, either:
- Check out recent Template changes and manually add the changes into your theme, or
- Download the latest version of a default theme and add in your customizations (you can find this zipped file attached at the end of this article) , then re-upload.
For those who are making minor changes to the theme, the latter is recommended.
Global Variables for Miro Community Theming
- Template Tags for Miro Community Theming