Start a new topic

Disable renaming or change naming convention

I love this app, but I'd love a way to prevent it from adding text to the file name.  

5 people like this idea

I think would be nice to choose a custom output name.

Yes, came here to report same issue: converting a bunch of avi files to mp4 results in filenames like: "name.mp4.mp4"

What I currently do is then run "A Better Finder Rename" to strip off the extra ".mp4" but we shouldn't have to do this!

It makes a little more sense with other file types like oggtheora where the media type is different than the extension but it still seems pointless.
There's no conceivable reason.  I could understand leaving on the .mov part, but I wouldn't like it -- as in filename.mov.mp4.  That would tell you the original file format.

I'll just have to create a script to fix it because I'm tired of doing it by hand.  Even so, I won't be able to do them all at once because they must be moved to different locations after conversion.

I am wondering the same thing, is there a reason they add the media type as part of the file name?
BTW, best MP4 conversion I've found, even ones that you pay for.

I should have been more specific.  I am converting hundreds of MOV files to MP4.  The file name comes out as "filename.mp4.mp4" but should be "filename.mp4."  Where does the extra mp4 come from?

File renaming is a real pain!

+1, I hate having to rename every single file.

Login or Signup to post a comment