Start a new topic

Reducing file size of webM SD

Hello,

I have converted a 700K .mp4 to webM SD and its size is 1.5MB.  Seems strange that it would double the size?

Is there any way to reduce the size of the webM file?

Thanks.

1 person has this problem

Did anyone find a solution to this? I have converted a 29mb .mov file to a 15mb webm file. I need to get this file size down to under 10mb.

Any help would be apreciated!!

Thanks

I ended up finding this really DIY app called Hybrid. http://www.selur.de

Took a bit to find appropriate settings but I was able to get that 1.5 MB webM down to 819 KB.

i recommend to use Avdshare Video Converter to recuce the size of any video format.

Thank you for your suggestions, Tonya. 

However I read the AvdShare VC tutorial about converting from and to WEbM, and it does not mention the possibility to also resize the files. Ira's Hybrid proposal seems more versatile in this - though as they say, it " is intended for advanced users." However sometimes tenacity can compensate lack of experience, as Ira seems to suggest.

Best

Claude

PS I am deleting your other repetitive AvdShare recommendation: I see that those you wrote for Medium.com have been marked "suspended", and that you also wrote hundreds of stereotyped AvdShare recommendations on Quora. But you are welcome to provide real answers on this forum.

I couldn't believe getting a notification for something 5-6 years ago (nor remember)!

I am not sure of the context for you all, but I no longer mess with WebM, as MP4 is supported pretty much everywhere:

https://caniuse.com/#search=mp4

I'm currently working on something with inline videos (no audio — think portfolio site project page with interaction vids) and using strictly MP4 and nothing else:

<video poster="/path/to/image.png" muted playsinline autoplay loop>

<source src="/path/to/video.mp4" type="video/mp4">

<p>Your browser does not support the video tag.</p>

</video>

I've tested this with autoplay on the older [supported] iOS and Android versions*, as well as the desktop browsers and it works fine. 

*Note the attributes in the <video> tag.

Thank you for this info, Ira. 

I was rather puzzled by the topic's revival too, but thought I'd answer anyway.

Best,

Claude

Login or Signup to post a comment