Start a new topic

is it possible to translate the audio of movie into other language?

dear friends

need to know if there is any tool where the audio dialogues of any video or movie can be translated into other language? 

1 person has this question

Hi Elisa, 

Thank you for having posted this also on the forum, which will allow me to refer to your question if someone else asks. 

100% safe: 
  • If the video is on YouTube, you can activate the  transcript generated by the automatic captions: click on the ... under  the player, right, then click on Open Transcript. 
  • When the transcript appears, click on the vertical ...  right and choose "Toggle timestamps" to remove the timestamps: you can  now copy the transcript and paste it in a .txt file.
  • Make sure that the subtitle lines are separated by a blank line and save as an UTF8 encoded .txt file
  • Upload the .txt file to your Amara page. (*). The  generated captions won't be timed, but it perhaps does not matter all  that much if what you're interested in is the translated subtitles.

Very safe (at least I never had issues with it):

• Download the automatic captions with http://downsub.com/ (no need to sign up)
  • Upload the downloaded .srt caption file to your Amara page  (*) The captions will be synced, which is nice if someone else is  interested in syncing them per se.

Best,

Claude

(*) In both cases, I upload the captions to Amara as  being in one of the "Metadata" languages  (not Metadata  Audiodescription, because that's real, bt say, Metadata Geo) and I  indicate in the description that they are automatically generated, lest  others be puzzled ;)

I'm quite new to Amara but am working on TWP script translation tool/service but am interesting whether there is such a thing as an amara api which can be intergrated into a website or some other platform?

Hi Michael,

Yes, Amara has an API and embedder options to display videos on your website with captions and translations.
These links share more information on both options:

Amara API Overview

How to Integrate Amara with my website

If you have specific questions, please email the details to support@amara.org and we'll be happy to help!

Rieann

Amara Support Team

Login or Signup to post a comment