Start a new topic

Can't reply to messages

Hi guys,

I'm new here. I'm receiving message notifications in my email and I can click 'reply to this message' within the email. I then end up at a url such as this one: http://amara.org/en/messages/?reply=3903885

However I can't type my reply anywhere. Also there's no button or something to click 'reply' in the inbox. 

I can only send a new message to a person. This way I don't have the message thread so it's annoying. 

Does anyone know if there's something I can do to fix this?

Thanks,

Niki

Capture2.PNG
(112 KB)

Hi Niki,

In the Amara messaging page, the link for replying to a message only appears if you mouse over it, bottom right of the relevant message.

Unfortunately, the reply pop-up triggered by the link does not contain the original message: you'll have to copy-paste it. So you could just as well make a draft of your reply, including the original, using the email notification, then copy your draft and paste it in the Amara messaging reply popup.

Please let me know if this works for you - and if it does not what is the OS of the computer/device, and the browser you use.

Best,

Claude

Hi Claude,

The fact of Replying option appearing only on mouse over it puzzles a lot of new users. What would be the best way to file this as a proposal for UX improvement: make 'Reply' link visible at all times?

Best,
Yulia

Hi Yulia,

Thank you for your suggestion - I'd even go further: "Replace all mouse-over commands by clear commands", because you also have mouse-over commands in the subtitle cells: go to, add subtitle above, add subtitle below, add timed note.

Writing all that in full in a subtitle cell might take too much space, but maybe a droplist would be feasible? I honestly don't know, but I'll ask tech staff.

Best

Claude

1 person likes this
I couldn't agree more. It's not evident to find those "hidden" commands inside the editor.
As is, it won't even take any additional space if displayed on the right, under the time.

Thanks for bringing this to the tech staff attention.

Best regards,
Yulia

Hi Yulia,

I found a Make hidden links directly visible again post  I made in the "Your Suggestions to make Amara great" subforum in Nov. 2012, actually: so I mentioned both your comments here and that post in a ticket I made for Amara's tech staff.

Best,

Claude

1 person likes this

Thanks all! Clear now!

Login or Signup to post a comment