Start a new topic

Choose Output Folder - Option To Output To Original Directory

Just updated to new version 3.0 and I have a couple comments/feature requests.

I don't like that the converted files are output to a default directory that you can not change. I preferred it placing the converted file into the original files directory as it did in the previous version.

I would highly suggest the ability to change the default directory the converted media is saved to with the ability to check off an option to have it saved to the original files directory.

I love the new version but without these features, I'll have to go back to the older version because it takes me more time to move each converted file from the default directory to the directories I want each file to go into which makes the batch conversion feature useless in my situation.

19 people like this idea

yes, please give us back the option to choose the output folder and it´s location.

The drive that is default for Miro does not have enough space to do more than one, it's an SSD and no way to change the amount of space. I have a ton of videos to convert and cannot batch without being able to change the output destination. Please, please, please add this feature back in!

I too am in the situation where my "main directory" doesn't have enough storage space. My boot drive is used for running programs. I have an external working drive that is used for actual file management. Without the option to choose the output folder, I cannot use this program.

Please! I was surprised after dragging files to the input box because no indication where I want output files to go. Of course after little digging I found out that they were flying to my windows SSD HD! Not like this. Please.

Btw. I love the software.

Choosing a custom output folder is critical for those of us with small drives (e.g., SSDs), especially when doing large batch jobs. A temporary fix on Windows is to reassign the location of the MyVideos folder via its properties. (I've currently got mine pointed to an external HD.)

I would like to vote for this feature. I'd particularly like the option to write the output to the same directory as the source file, but the option to choose an arbitrary output directory would be good too.

I came here via Google trying to find out how to change this, as well.  This is disappointing, and clearly not happening based on the age of this thread.  Oh well, off to find a solution that gives me more control.

I, too, need an output folder of my choice.  Writing to my main C drive (a SSD drive limited in size because of cost) is NOT an option as it is ALWAYS full with important things like software.  I'm sure there is a setting in the registry that might fix it but I'm too lazy to look.

I know it's rather late, but I used a symbolic link to solve the problem. It can be done in any OS. Under Windows, once you've shown the output folder, go back to the parent, rename the "Miro Video Converter" to another name, and use a command like this in a prompt:

mklink /d "Miro Video Converter" "I:\iPod\Miro"

The option select a custom output folder is absolutely necessary to make Miro a better app. 

The app is so good by now, nice, fast and small compressed files, but is not useful if you can't select where you want to save your files...

Login or Signup to post a comment