Start a new topic

when will the Gothic language be added?

It was requested a few weeks/months ago, but it still isn't available.

Hi Roel,

True, you requested it in Ticket #77491 on January 17, to which Margarita Shamraeva replied on the same day: "Your request has been passed to the developers.  Thank you very much for your patience while it is being queued and processed!"

Sometimes, this kind of change takes time. So perhaps you could wait until a full month has passed, then ask again in a reply to that ticket? It is still open.

Best,

Claude

Hi Claude, I 'm somewhat surprised that it still isn't added as more than 2 months have passed. Could you please tell me honestly if Amara will add it or not, because I don't need an account here otherwise. Kind regards, Roel
Hi Roel,

I have added a note for Margarita Shamraeva to your ticket, asking if she could give you some indication of when this addition will happen.

Meanwhile, there is an inelegant but working trick you could use, at least for videos that are not added to a team that publishes subtitles on the original video (like TED): do the Gothic subtitles in a "Metadada: Geo", Metadata: Twitter" or "Metadata: Wikipedia" pseudo language track. Then mention  this in the description for the main language of the video. And if you have uploaded the original video yourself on a platform that supports subtitles (Internet Archive, vimeo, youtube), you can download your subtitles and upload them there as in Gothic.

Best,

Claude

Login or Signup to post a comment