Amara and PCF have a new look - tell us what you think!

We’re very excited to announce the newly redesigned homepage of amara.org! We hope the redesign better reflects who we are, and what we have to offer.

All Amara’s offerings at a glance

Now it’s much easier to browse through all of Amara’s tools and offerings -- free tools and professional services, right from the header of the amara.org homepage. We used to have this separated into a site called pro.amara.org, but on the new homepage it’s all at your fingertips in case you want to upgrade your subtitling tools and capabilities.

Or, you can jump right into the free editor with a big green button:

Learn and get involved

Finding new teams to volunteer for remains as easy as before. We’ve renamed the page “Volunteer” to make it even more obvious (this used to say Community). We couldn’t be more thrilled about our new About page, which clearly shares the reasons we’re all here, and showcases our core team.

I already have an Amara account - do I have to do anything differently now?
Nope - logging onto the platform is as simple as ever. Go to the Login button on the top-right corner to enter your username and password; and click on your username to access your profile, messages and teams!

Screen Shot 2017-08-25 at 16.43.25.png

Instead of the old "Subtitle Video" header item, logged in users should use that same user menu in the upper right of the page to select "Subtitle Video." Non-logged-in users will see the big "Start Subtitling for Free" button.

You’ll also see the new header style on most amara.org pages. The remaining pages will get the updated header style in the next couple of months.

Thanks for checking out the new site -  we hope you enjoy the new look and organization of the homepage. Let us know what you think!

3 people like this

Hi David,

I may be misunderstanding the issue, but would using the full screen button in the bottom right of the Amara embedder serve the purpose of amplification? We added this in January 2018.

If this doesn't solve the issue, I'd love to hear some more details to understand the scenario in which you're unable to view the video full screen.

Thanks,
Kenzie

Nice one !! I liked the homepage theme of the amara very much

great topic

Login or Signup to post a comment